Resolve Any Dispute Or Conflict In A Secure Private Virtual Room
eQuibbly is a web application companies use to resolve disputes quickly and fairly online. It is free to use as is, or we can customize a solution to suit your organization's needs. eQuibbly incorporates an intuitive interface with the latest industry standards in technology and security to bring you a sophisticated platform that is very easy to use.
What you can do with eQuibbly's dispute resolution platform:
- Resolve employee conflicts within your organization.
- Resolve disputes that arise between your customers.
- Resolve complaints filed with your ombuds office.
- Resolve almost any issue confidentially in a small-group.
eQuibbly offers two options for resolving disputes:
- Mediation: Used for discussing issues and mediating disputes through a collaborative process where the outcome is not legally binding.
- Arbitration: Used where the resolution is intended to be legally-binding and enforceable in court. Parties to a dispute sign a document online agreeing to abide by the arbitrator's decision. The resulting "arbitral award" is generated by eQuibbly and signed online by the arbitrator(s).
Services offered by eQuibbly:
- "Do It Yourself" dispute resolution using our platform.
- Hire an independent professional mediator or arbitrator from the approved roster listed on eQuibbly.
- Hire eQuibbly to mediate or arbitrate disputes for your company as a third-party service provider.
About the founder of eQuibbly
After completing J.D. & MBA degrees at Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business, Lance Soskin articled with the law firm Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt, was called to the Bar and subsequently worked as an investment banker for Scotia Capital in Toronto and the former Merrill Lynch in New York in both Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Finance. Lance also held various management positions in different industries.
Lance founded eQuibbly after witnessing how painfully slow, mind-boggling complicated, and prohibitively expensive traditional methods of litigation and dispute settlement typically are. Lance wondered how many others had abandoned a legitimate dispute, conceded to an adversary, or pursued a resolution in court to the point of becoming financially destitute since few alternatives were available.
Lance decided to launch eQuibbly to provide a quicker, simpler and more equitable way to resolve disputes.
Why the name eQuibbly?
eQuibbly is a mashup of several words that taken together, convey our philosophy:
equable or equably:
uniform in operation or effect; marked by lack of variation or inequality
equitable or equitably:
characterized by equity or fairness; just and right; fair; reasonable
an evasion of or shift from the point; argue or raise objections about a trivial matter